Monday, April 24, 2006

Short Cuts and Pearl Jam news

First off, there was supposed to be an actual, full length post today. I spent the morning on it, then went to post it, my laptop crashed and I lost it all. I'll try and re-do it tomorrow. In case anyone's interested, it was about Tom DeLonge's new band, Angels & Airwaves.

Well, it turns out I was wrong. The big Irish Pearl Jam debate has finally come to a halt with news that they're playing the Point on August 23rd. I'd love to go, but I'm unfathomably broke and I could do without my wife and my bank manager screaming "My God man! What are you doing?" when I try to book tickets.

(Of course if anyone wants to employ a sub-editor or comedy/music feature writer, the e-mail address is to the right. Hey, just asking.)

Oh well. And for the record, I was right about the Morrissey gig. So there.

Still looking forward to news of who's playing Slane though - If you're interested, see below (or click here to get straight to the post) for my 'Slane Headliner' rules.

Also today, the iPod Top Ten is slightly different. Instead of the usual random list, it's just my recent downloads. I heartily endorse these songs!

Anyway, there's a whole heap of stuff I really should be doing, so I'm gonna get back to it.