Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Checking in...

Well, at least one of you has noticed the complete and utter lack of activity here over the past two weeks. Reports of my demise have been greatly... uh, non-existent.

There was something supposed to go here last week - honest to God there was. I uploaded it, my PC crashed, and I lost it. It got stuck somewhere in blogger limbo and now it's gone. It was really good, too. If the Pulitzer commitee ever introduces a 'Blogging' category it would've been a shoe-in.

Yeah, right.

Anyway, in the words of the band Giant Drag, this isn't it. I'm about halfway through my journalism exams, so the usual rants are going to have to wait just a little while longer.

One or two quick notes, though:

As much as I hate sending people to other blogs, I would like to recommend two. One is my good buddy, John Barry's blog 'An Irishman In Paris' (he's just moved to France), and the other is the 'Journals' section on the website for the band Death Cab For Cutie. Those of you who know me probably already know I'm openly gay for Death Cab, but the journals are worth a read either way. I especially like the August 2004 open break-up letter to Bjork.

I also want to send people in the direction of my cousin Ian's band, Revolution for Dogs. You can get to their website here. They played a blinder at the Emergenza competition on the Temple Bar Music Centre, though they may have been overshadowed for me by the sheer comedy of seeing my mum surrounded by rock and roll types.

Anyway, I will write more when I have time, which should be later this week. Chances are tonight I'm going to study for tomorrow's media law exam and then watch 'The Daily Show'. Which seems like an odd thing to watch while trying to get the concept of defamation through your skull, but there you go.